Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Who remembers?





The show called HeeHaw???







This is very random, but the other day at work I had a flash back of the show...the part where the cast and guests would tell jokes - they would pop up from behind a hay bail or in a corn field...saying something funny...and then lower back down...




I was at a co-workers cubicle who has a half-wall on one side and I did that exact thing...I said something out of the ordinary and then without even thinking, I lowered myself down to where they couldn't see me...

















She started laughing hysterically...as did I, but then she said "WHO DOES THAT??" in tone that insinutated a little shock, and immediately I equated my actions to HEE-HAW...








She had never heard of the show, but I loved it...maybe it was just a part of my country up-bringing...




Anyone?

Anyone?

Grandpa Jones?

Minnie Pearl?

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I never watched it, but I do remember it being a show!

Michael B said...

You're crazy.

And, you crack me up! I can't imagine working with you--sculptures, the chicken dance, the pantry, and now Hee Haw?

I remember watching this show on Nick at Nite at my grandparents house. ; )

The Sweet Family said...

I never watched it either but your posts is hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Loved it.

jenn said...

guilty as charged. I watched it every weekend when I was little. I am amazed you remember this because we were VERY little when it was on regularly. It would come on saturday nights I think. My parents would have it on, and I loved it too. especially the skits in the cornfield where they told jokes, and minnie pearl saying "HOW-DEEEEEEEEEEEE!" okay here is a stretch: do you remember the Barbara Mandrell Show? that is another early 80's
and the muppet show.. I would watch that everyweekend too. I loved it so much.