Friday, September 26, 2008

What a difference a day can make!


To be completely blunt, I feel (and look) like crap today...(didn't I say that I wasn't going to complain during this process???). Well, I'm officially off of my feeling blessed high today and reality has set in ;)

This just so happens to be the busiest time of year for the company that I work for (coincides with the end of the government's fiscal year). I have been working crazy hours and alternating shifts with the other people on my team to ensure that we have coverage in the office every day from 8am - 8pm for the last two weeks. This makes for a long day in and of itself, but when you add and hour drive on both sides of that timeline - it really sucks & there is absolutely no time left to do anything productive outside of work.


Last week I didn't make it home a single night before 9pm (this week has been about the same); if it wasn't work, it was football practice, or dinner plans - by the time Saturday rolled around I was exhausted, but I had to get up at the crack of dawn to get fitted for a bridesmaid's dress & run around getting ready for the engagement party that night (which was awesome BTW). Sunday I did find some time to rest...I believe I was in my PJ's at noon.

Monday morning started the work madness again, which goes through 09/30 *YAY*

Oh and *BONUS* I also get the pleasure of working tomorrow from 10-2pm, so I get to drive two hours to work for four...UGH.

I'm sure you can imagine how wonderful the timing is considering that I have to pack up a 12 room house in the next week...

The stress of getting everything lined up for the move, the stress of working extra hours, complete lack of sleep, no time to work-out and get endorphins pumping, PMS, and now coming down with a cold due to the seasons changing has me in one heck of a $hitty mood today.


I feel like I am walking around in a fog and I just want to go home and crawl under the covers and not come out for a day, but if I were actually able to do that - I'd feel guilty b/c I know that I have so much to do.


I seriously can't wait until the next couple weeks are over!!!!

3 comments:

Michael B said...

It hardly seems fair that you are not only moving in a couple of weeks and have A TON of stuff to pack, but that you are also in your busy season at work.

I'm completely serious about wanting to help you in any way that I can.

Tomorrow you should treat yourself to something fun or delicious as a reward for working and driving so far on a Saturday. I hope you're feeling better this afternoon. It sure doesn't help that people want ice cream to be made from breast milk, does it? ; )

Love you and please let me know if I can help!

kate

Amanda said...

That stinks! I agree with Kate, treat yourself to something nice after you get out of work tomorrow, like a pedicure or a message. Just a little something to help you get through.

I'll be thinking of ya! And hopeing you make it through in one piece and I'm sure you will since you are a strong person! Try and have a good weekend and 9/30 is right around the corner!

jenn said...

breathe!!
relax!!

just take it one day at a time. and do what you can.

for the move: Break everything down into small manageable tasks, that way you aren't overwhelmed by big daunting ones.
get your family and friends to help.. if they can't, hire a moving company!! sometimes just having that off of you can be worth it.. no heavy lifting.. they do it all.. you just tell them what room to place your boxes and furniture in.
when you get so busy sometimes, and life gets so hectic it's hard to see the big picture, but really just try to do the best you can, that is all you can do... dont overextend yourself to the point you are a tired, stressed out mess.. and I bet that is why you are getting a cold, you are getting run down!! try to take some Emergen-C and b-12.. and definately take if it's only an hour or two.. for you to chill out this weekend and just do something for yourself, and don't feel guilty about doing that!! everyone needs time to mentally and physically recharge the batteries.

take care girl!! in a couple of weeks, things will calm down and you'll feel like a million bucks for having all your things completed and all of the stress off of you.
Hug!!
jenny