Monday, September 15, 2008

Not really sure what my point is...


This past weekend my family traveled to Richlands, Va - which for those of you who don't know, is located in the southwestern part of the state...this is where my mom's family is from and my mom's grandmother still lives...


The reason for the trip was to celebrate my great-grandmother's 100th birthday, which in and of itself is pretty freaking cool. We had the very best time and I hope to be able to post pictures soon. UNFORTUNATELY, I left my camera charger at the office last Friday and my camera died while en route on Saturday morning...go figure! It was torture to watch all of the HOKIE cars on I-81 going to the game...but I woke up from one of my naps and saw this pic in front of our car! So exciting!


What was really super cool is that Aliyah was able to go with us this weekend to see her great-great grandmother...I mean, how many people are afforded that opportunity in life?


Aliyah is such a great sport. The last time she was with us we were traveling back from the beach and this time we toss her in the car for 12 hours worth of driving over two days...can we talk about how incredibly UNCOMFORTABLE her car seat must be?


The time spent with the family was awesome, but I must say that my favorite time is that spent with A in the car. On the way down we played Nintendo and watched Shrek the 3rd for the sixth time in the last three weeks...we sang BINGO, This Old Man, Old McDonald, etc...the look on A's face when Brittany decided to say "and on his farm he had a ZEBRA" was priceless...no ones really knows what sound a Zebra makes!





On the way home we managed to watch "Finding Nemo" 2x...in part my decision...I hadn't watched the movie is quite a long time and I had forgotten how funny it was. Can we talk about how hilarious it is with Dory talks in whale??? Immediately Aliyah and I (along with Brittany) started talking in whale. We stopped in Harrisonburg on the way home to grab a bite to eat we were making all kinds of crazy noises...I so wish that I could type out the way it sounded! Ellen is so AWESOME!!!




(It was great when at lunch today I decided to start talking in whale at Panera Bread - I had to really share my story from yesterday in full character!)


We repeatedly said "P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney" and "You on a DI-ET!" I think this is something that we are going to share for a long time to come...


If you haven't seen this movie, if you haven't watched this movie in a while, OR if you haven't shared this experience with your kids...YOU MUST WATCH IT!



PS- YAY to my HOKIES and Redskins! Job well done!!! Momma is proud!!!
PSS- Stay tuned for some HOPEFULLY AWESOME NEWS over the next few days!!!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I love Dory's whale talk. Jeff likes to repeat lines from movies and those lines are repeated often.

Sounds like everyone had a great time!

That is amazing that your great grandmother is 100!

Can't wait to hear some amazing news soon!

jenn said...

Aliyah is SOOO cute! sounds like she got the great dose of animated films.. don't you wish the cartoons we grew up watching had all that cool computer animation?. the "discovering energy ride at epcot with ellen and bill nye is my favorite too. ( and jack's) he LOVED it.
can't wait to hear about your good news!!

Michael B said...

Oh you're killing me...what's the awesome news?!?!? Send me an email!

Your weekend sounds like so much fun. Aliyah must absolutely love her weekends with you and your family. It's beautiful to see how close the two of you have become.

And, I completely agree with you about Ellen!! I love her in Finding Nemo!! And, I love the turtles-they are hilarious!!

Lastly, congratulations on the victories this weekend! You must have been one happy momma!! : )

Love you!

The Sweet Family said...

It is so awesome all the time seeing the HOKIE pride in this area. To live her sometimes is quite amazing...such unity!!!

Love Finding Nemo. It is funny and I totally laughed when you mentioned you were talking in whale.

I can't wait to hear about the AWESOME NEWS!!!

Have a great week!

Hugs
Sweet