Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wednesday Randomness


Happy Hump Day! Is it just me, or is this week kind of going by SLOWER than usual?

I want to share my latest musical love...I am a country girl at heart by far and I genuinely enjoy country music...at times I even jam to some good bluegrass (thanks DAD!).

Anyway, after hearing a few songs by Ashton Sheperd on XM, I decided to pick up the album and I love it! Her newest release is a song called "Sounds so Good." My favorite line of the song goes "there ain't nothing like the sound of a cooler slushin on the bed of your truck."

Genius...right? HA! I'm sure you agree! Check it out!


---------------------------------

On a completely different note, I actually had a *good* date last night!!! "WHAT" you say?? I know!!! I was totally caught off guard. I honestly try to be optimistic going into these situations, but as you all know, my experiences as of late have proved to be less than enjoyable.

As I was driving to meet the fella (clue: someone from the past), I was like *UGH* I don't know if I can put myself through this again...the feeling of first date awkwardness...I mean, my little man Bailee is waiting on me at home and he is ALWAYS happy to see me...maybe I am driving in the wrong direction??

When I arrived at the meeting destination and walked up to say hi...I immediately knew that it was going to be a good time...

AND That's all I'm saying for right now :)

Stay tuned!!!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

That is wonderful news (about the date)! I can't wait to see what the next chapter will hold!!! Its funny that you went on a first date last night and I was watching an episode of Sex in the City about first date jitters :)

Kelly A said...

Oh Man....You TOTALLY left us hangin!!!! I am glad you had a nice date and can't wait to hear more about it!! :)

Thanks for the tip on Ashton Shepard. I am always up for hearing new music!!

Melis B said...

ooooooooooooooooooo....I can't wait to hear more.

Details please....(when you are ready!! :)

Hugs.

Jamie said...

That is really great that you had a nice date. Although you have left us all curious, can't wait to hear more about it and "him." You always have the funniest stories. I always look forward to reading your blog as your post are always interesting, funny, and of course sometimes sentimental.

Enjoy the rest of your week and hope you have a good weekend.

~Jamie

The Sweet Family said...

I honestly was going to post how fast this week is going. Weird huh?

Thanks for the ole hanger trick with the post. We gotta hear about the date!

Have a great rest of the week and remember, tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!! WOO HOO