Friday, August 22, 2008

And they're off...

Emerald Isle here we come!


Well...it is FINALLY time for the family beach vacation. I am really SO excited, but I have to admit that upon looking at the forecast for next week I am a little nervous. I usually luck out with wonderful, sunny weather for beach vaca's, but according to weather.com there are symbols with thunder bolts and clouds showing up every freaking day next week! Is this normal? Do I just not remember forecasts from past years? Or it this because of that stupid storm FAY?



Weather.com ICON for SUNDAY - FRIDAY

Believe me, I completely understand that there are people being very adversely affected by Tropical Storm Fay right now, and I know that the least of my concern should be whether or not my parade is going to be rained on, but I CAN'T HELP IT! In all actuality - I'm taking the low road on this one. I will be selfish and I will pout. I love my beach time...I adore sitting in my chair, feeling the warmth, listening to my music or reading a good book and usually falling alseep and waking up with sand in my teeth...


I WILL NOT BE HAPPY IF WE HAVE LITTLE TIME FOR THIS TO HAPPEN NEXT WEEK!


Weather.com ICON for next SATURDAY

3 comments:

SarahC said...

From my reliable weather sources it looks like your trip will be nice most of the week! The lightning bolt is just indicating there is a small chance. The percent chance is what to look for and Tues & Wed there is only a 30%, Thursday is 40%. You'll be fine and have a great time no matter what!! Look out for those rip currents, there are going to be bad ones from the storms! Doesn't sound like you go in the water much anyways! Have fun and can't wait to see pictures!!

Michael B said...

You're going to have a great week! : ) Enjoy every minute because they go way too quickly when you're at the beach.

Have fun! I'll be looking for pictures...

Kate

Amanda said...

I will cross my fingures and hope that you have good weather. There isn't nothing worse then planning outdoor/beach vacations and it rains. I hope the best for the week and I can't wait to hear how it all went!