Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Must Watch

First off, I promise I do more in the evenings than watch tv! Thanks to the DVR and TIVO I can do things at my own pace and still catch my favorite shows; eat dinner when I want, do laundry when I want, and go for a run when I want - you know it's all about me! Hahaha! JKJK :)


Last night I was fortunate enough to have dinner with my parents. This used to be an exception to the norm, especially during the week, but as of late it has become a normal thing.

I walked in last night to my parents already having dinner, which of course is FINE; however, dad saw me coming up the sidewalk and he popped up out of his seat immediately. As I walked in he said he was going to put me a burger on the grill (BOCA - ha!). Despite my telling both parents to sit and eat -mom grabbed the burger, and dad grabbed the flame and he was outside before I even made it into the kitchen.

I told dad last night that I hated feeling like a mooch, and he said he couldn't think of anyone else he would rather have mooching (AWHHH)...about that time all three of the dogs came into the kitchen and he pointed out that they already had three mooches, so how much damage could the fourth do... G-R-E-A-T!


-----------------

THE BACHELORETTE!!! FINALE NEXT MONDAY - TUNE IN!


Anyway, to continue I got home right at 8pm as "The Bachelorette" was starting - YAY!!! Again, I can't really believe how into the show I am this season, but it is just so good. It's like I believe the feelings are genuine; ABC has me hook, line, and sinker!


I can't believe that DeAnna let Jeremy go, but I have to say that I am relieved. I was a tad bit worried b/c 1) he has been a favorite of hers since day one and 2) she kept saying how "perfect" her life would be with him. Despite all of his apparent wonderfulness (is that a word?) - I just didn't buy it!

Next week is the finale...I can't wait to see who she picks and in all honesty - I don't have a favorite when it comes to the last two...will it be Jesse or will it be Jason?


----------------


INTERVENTION



Every Monday night I DVR "Intervention." This show comes on A&E and I am 100% fascinated by it.

For those of you that don't know, the show is based on doing a documentary about the addiction of 1-2 people who agree to be followed for a few days & let the cameras tape everything.

What they don't know is that their families arranged for this the "documentary" to happen, but the real reason for everything is so that a professional interventionist can come and assist the family with stepping in before it is too late for their loved ones...
If all goes well, the addict heads off for at least a 90 day treatment at the end of the show...
The raw human element that is exposed is just so incredible and their stories are gripping - this show is certainly not for everyone, but I think you should all give it a chance...I think it opens your heart, teaches compassion, and provides a better understanding of addiction.
PS - Only two more work days to go people!!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Awh! What a sweet dad. He must really enjoy your company since he was up and cooking while you were walking towards the house. Nice!

Michael B said...

It's funny that you're writing about Intervention today because I watched it for about ten minutes last night. (I had to turn the channel to Wimbledon re-runs.) There are probably some shows from the series that I could watch without feeling sick, but last night wasn't one of them. Uggh--It's a deep, deep, heavy, heavy show!! Isn't it? If I could make it to the end, I'm sure I'd like it a little bit more! You know, to see if the intervention worked! When I told J about how upsetting the show was, he was like..."What do you expect, Katie? You like shows about teenagers raising babies...(the new summer "reality" show)."

Anyway...

Your dad loves you SO much! He's precious.

And, BOY! Your 4th plans sound like SO much fun!!
; )

Hugs to you!!

Melis B said...

You are too much. I am So pulling for Jason. I love how he his with his son and Jesse is a bit off (for my taste at least) hee hee

I can't wait until next Monday!! We should have a Bachelorette party....too bad I will be doing Algebra while watching. :)

Enjoy! Hugs~~