Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The long way home


Last night I left the office around 6:10pm - I knew I needed to go to the grocery store, which I absolutely despise; therefore, I battled with myself for about ten minutes as to whether or not I felt like going on the way home.


I was in the mood for cereal and was without milk at home, so I talked myself into taking the plunge. As I was getting out of the car I noticed something bright and shiny in the passenger floorboard...I was about to ignore it, but figured I should look closer. Upon investigating I found that my co-worker had left their car keys in my car at lunch.


Being that it was already 6:25pm by this point in time, I freaked out and called the office as quickly as possible. As I am telling them the story and letting them know that I am on my way back, I start my car up and *accidentally* hit the panic button! I scared myself and the people putting groceries in the car in front of me to death!


Lucky for me, I have set the panic button off a couple times...so I knew the drill...get out of the car...put the key in the door...hit the unlock button...I mean, as if you aren't already drawing enough attention to yourself, but whatever!


Then it was back to work again...so as I was now running 30 minutes behind and it was about 7pm before I left the office for the second time - I skipped the grocery on my way back out and I skipped working out when I got home.

I'm just thankful that I decided to stop in the first place; otherwise, I would have been A LOT further on my way before pne of us realized I had an extra set of keys in my car!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I guess everything happens for a reason. Like you said, if you didn't stop at the grocery store you wouldn't either noticed them at all or been further away.

I'm sure your co-worker was freakin out and didn't know where the keys where and you saved the day!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm pretty sure that all you need to do is press and hold the unlock button to turn off panic. I don't believe that you actually have to put the key in the car door.

Amy (wattsup) said...

Thanks for the tip!

As I mentioned in the post - I have set my panic button off several times in the past - pressing and holding or even hitting any key on my keypad does not work for my make of vehicle! The steps I listed are 100% required and cen be referenced in the owners manual!! :)

The Sweet Family said...

Isn't it weird how things happen!

BTW, love how you "set it straight" on the Panic Button for anon! hehehe LMAO.

Have a great week!

Michael B said...

I can't stand the grocery store either...and all the unpacking when you finally get the groceries home. YUCK, yuck, yuck!

Thank goodness you found the keys before you got home! I can't imagine having to drive all the way back to work after getting home!!