Wednesday, July 2, 2008

"I eat, therefore I run"



With old and new friends from work at the party

The post title is my spin on the popular Latin philosophical statement by by René Descartes "I think, therefore I am."

This past Friday afternoon, my company shut down at 2:30pm for our 20th anniversary celebration that took place at Lowe's Island. It was a super nice event that reminded me very much of a wedding reception - it seemed as though no expense was spared.


The very best part of the party were these Mrs. Fields oatmeal cookies with icing that had our corporate logo printed on them; however, at the time, I did not realize that this particular item would have been the highlight of the event in my eyes.

With my dear friend Apryle that I started working with in 2000 and have the pleasure to work with again!

The cookies were displayed in baskets around the room, so I grabbed up a couple and put them in my purse - one for me and one for a co-worker who was not able to attend.

As luck would have it, when I was leaving the party to grab a bite to eat with a couple work friends, two of the guys tagging along grabbed up about 6 extra cookies and stuffed them in my purse...

In between the club and the restaurant, I decided to try a cookie (probably b/c my purse was overflowing with them) and OMG, it was LOVE at first bite; it reminded me exactly of a favorite childhood treat - Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies! I was in heaven.



My resurrected love affair...

I told the co-worker riding with me (who was also one of the guys who put a couple cookies in my purse) that the treat tasted awful and that he would hate it AND I told him that we had to tell the other guy who would be looking for his cookies that they were DISGUSTING...of course this was done all in an effort to keep them all to myself...


I had one on Friday night, one Saturday morning with breakfast, one on Sunday afternoon with a glass of milk, skipped Monday, and had another on Tuesday morning at my desk with coffee...I did bring one in to a co-worker and now I am left with one remaining at home and I don't know if I can bring myself to part with it.

The silver lining is that as I was walking by a director's office yesterday (who was NOT at her desk), I spotted a TRAY - an entire TRAY of Little Debbie snacks...you might be wondering if my precious Oatmeal Cream Pies were on that tray and to me DELIGHT they were & they were all the super sized ones!!!



With my NEW friend Sarah at the party

At first I walked past (telling my self "NO") and then something came over me and I stopped in my tracks and returned to the office door...looked both ways as if to try to not get caught, ducked in and grabbed THREE cakes!!! WHAT???

In all honesty, I can not remember the last time I allowed myself to indulge in a Little Debbie snack - so I'm just going to go with it...

In part these weaknesses that I posses are why I work-out ergo the title of this post...I have a very strong feeling that I'll be spending a little extra time on the treadmill this week for sure!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

But it was so worth it! I think that is pretty neat that the logo was on the cookit too.

The Sweet Family said...

Cute!

Have you ever tried the double stack Little Debbie oatmeal cake? MMM MMM MMM

Now you've done it, I gotta get a snack!

Have a great weekend!!!

Michael B said...

This is totally why I run...; )

Enjoy those Little Debbie's!! I love the Oatmeal Cream Pie's, too!