Wednesday, July 30, 2008

"How wonderful life is"


"And you can tell everybody this is your song..


It may be quite simple, but now that it's done...


I hope you don't mind...


I hope you don't mind that I put down in words...


How wonderful life is while you're in the world"


-Elton John's; Your Song



This day, 5 years ago, brought into life"the sweetest eyes I've ever seen."

July 30th is the day that my Peanut-doodles-girl-baby (haha) was born and needless to say life has not been the same since that moment.


It is hard to grasp that this much time has passed so quickly. The selfish side of me never wants her to grow up. I never want her to lose the little lisp I hear when she speaks. I never want her to stop wanting me to tickle her. I never want her to be too big to carry.


I realize that with all things in life, you have to move on and grow. Otherwise there are those moments, that would be missed. I look forward to being a part of her journey...

Happy 5th Birthday Aliyah...

From your aunt that loves you more than words can ever express :)


PS- I know it may not be totally fitting, but a year ago I was driving and "Your Song" came on the radio. As I listened to the lyrics, Aliyah was the only thing that came to mind. Now every time I hear this song...I think of my little peanut...often with tears in my eyes...when she is a little older, I will share this with her too :)


4 comments:

Kelly A said...

Aw...What a sweet post!! Aliyah is so lucky to have such an amazing Aunt!!!

You are going to make a WONDERFUL mother some day Amy!!

Children are such wondrous additions to all of our lives. They truly make the world a better place!! :)

Michael B said...

You know, without getting into too much detail, it's absolutely awesome to see how much your relationship with Aliyah has evolved. She is so blessed to have an aunt who loves her SO MUCH.

And, isn't amazing to see how much she looks like her baby pictures? (For some reason that seems like an airheaded thing to write.) I think that there are some babies who change so much from their baby pictures, though. She has the sweetest little face.

Hope you're doing well. I miss you!

Amanda said...

Happy Birthdy Aliyah! Its amazing how fast they grow up and I can definitly relate, you don't want them to grow up. I guess we can be selfish, but we know they will grow up and make new memories :)

You are an awsome aunt and I can tell from your stories that she knows that too.

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday Aliyah!

Such a sweet post. Aliyah is such a lucky little girl to have you for her Aunt. Hope she had a good birthday.

Have a great weekend, hopefully you'll get to spend it with your peanut : )

~Jamie