Threading my fishing hook
And this is some of the "stuff" that was going on:
* Elvis Presley has his first commercial recording session at Sun Studios in Memphis, Tennessee. (I saw this building when I visited.)
* The World Series is broadcast in color for the first time. NY Giants defeat Cleveland (4-0).
* Ellis Island, the immigration station in NY Harbor, is closed. Between 1892 and 1954, 12 million immigrants were processed at Ellis Island.
* M&M's Peanut Chocolate Candies were introduced.
*General Electric introduces colored kitchen appliances. Bye, bye white!
* Disneyland opened...
* The Tonight Show begins airing on the NBC network
* Brown v. Board of Education. Landmark school desegregation case...
Also on June 7, 1954 life began for one of the most remarkable and special individuals I will ever know...
birthday dinner 2007
Without this person, I would not be here...without this person having the incredible soul that they do - I would not be the person that I am today...
Dad, I wish you the very best birthday tomorrow...I look forward to all of us spending time together to celebrate the amazing person that you are. I love and cherish you, not only on your birthday, but each and every day of my life; I am reminded on this very special day - to slow down and make sure you know how richly blessed my life is because you are a part of it.
I could write forever about all of the things you have done for me and I could never even come close to thanking you the way I wish I could, but with every ounce of gratitude that I am able to pull from within, I want you to know that you are appreciated and loved far beyond the expression of words...
HaPpY bIrThDaY dAdDy!!!