Friday, June 6, 2008

The year was 1954...

Threading my fishing hook


And this is some of the "stuff" that was going on:


* Elvis Presley has his first commercial recording session at Sun Studios in Memphis, Tennessee. (I saw this building when I visited.)
* The World Series is broadcast in color for the first time. NY Giants defeat Cleveland (4-0).
* Ellis Island, the immigration station in NY Harbor, is closed. Between 1892 and 1954, 12 million immigrants were processed at Ellis Island.
* M&M's Peanut Chocolate Candies were introduced.
*General Electric introduces colored kitchen appliances. Bye, bye white!
* Disneyland opened...
* The Tonight Show begins airing on the NBC network
* Brown v. Board of Education. Landmark school desegregation case...


Also on June 7, 1954 life began for one of the most remarkable and special individuals I will ever know...


birthday dinner 2007

Without this person, I would not be here...without this person having the incredible soul that they do - I would not be the person that I am today...


*TEARS*


Dad, I wish you the very best birthday tomorrow...I look forward to all of us spending time together to celebrate the amazing person that you are. I love and cherish you, not only on your birthday, but each and every day of my life; I am reminded on this very special day - to slow down and make sure you know how richly blessed my life is because you are a part of it.



Easter 2008

I could write forever about all of the things you have done for me and I could never even come close to thanking you the way I wish I could, but with every ounce of gratitude that I am able to pull from within, I want you to know that you are appreciated and loved far beyond the expression of words...



HaPpY bIrThDaY dAdDy!!!


4 comments:

Amanda said...

What a special post. It gave me goodbumps while I read it. Daddy's are special and its wonderful everyone will be celebrating his special day this weekend. Have fun & a great weekend!

SarahC said...

So sweet! You should write Hallmark cards! Hope you have a wonderful weekend spending time with your family!

Melis B said...

You are such a sweet daughter, that is one heck a a great post!! Hope your dad had a GREAT birthday!!

Have a super weekend,
Melis

Jamie said...

Such a sweet post. I hope that you and your Dad had a great weekend. You and your Dad have one special relationship, you are a very lucky person. You're making me miss my Dad. I hate that my parents are still in California. Hope he had a wonderful Bday.

Have a great week...
~Jamie