Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A post for the women...

So, I feel like complaining this morning; that is a shocking statement, I know!!

Most times I appreciate the fact that I was brought into this lifetime as a female; however, there is that one time *every single month* where I could really do without having ovaries (which is what they tell me is responsible for the 12 weeks of H-E-Double Hockey Sticks a year)!


The timeline of my week...

Sunday: irritable, tired, night sweats, and crazy dreams

Monday: irritable, lethargic, sad, hungry, hot, chocolate cravings, night sweats, and crazy dreams

Tuesday: irritable, exhausted, depressed, random thoughts, hot, HUNGRY, bloated, cramped, HEADACHE, backache, and night sweats

Wednesday: the reason for all of the above finally arrives- of course the arrival does not mean that all of the above exists!


Clearly, none of this is any surprise to me as I (along with every other woman on the planet) have been blessed with this experience since middle school; however, every once in a while it is nice to daydream about the possibility of not dealing with it, but the reality is that in about 28 more days I'll be complaining again!!!


Happy Wednesday!!


4 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh {hugs} I hate that time of the month too. Guys just don't get it!

Also, the thing I hate too is if your are NOT PMSing and something comes our wrong or you state your mind, a ignorant guy says, oh she must be PMSing. We can never win!

Anonymous said...

I understand the night sweats - they are HORRIBLE!!!

The Sweet Family said...

I love this post. However, whenever you think about every 28 days, think of me. I go every 21 days. NOW, do the math.

For example: Every 28 days you have approx 13 a year.

With my every 21 days I have about approx 17 a year. Therefore, some months experience it twice.

And you thought you had it bad! hehehe

Kelly A said...

I TOTALLY feel your pain!!

Once a month it just plain SUCKS to be a woman!! But in the long run...we are WAY better!! Hee Hee!!