Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Good WEDNESDAY Stuff

Happy middle of the week!!!!




DAD UPDATE:

First of all, I have an update on my pops! *GOOD NEWS* The doctor called yesterday with the MRI results and apparently the swelling in his leg is due to a muscle (did not say which one) that has pulled away from the bone - I suppose this means that there has been damage to some of his tendons (I am going to be a smarty pants for a minute and inform you that tendons attach muscle to bone and ligaments attache bone to bone).


The swelling itself is due to the blood that has accumulated in the area b/c of the tear. I find it quite ODD that there isn't any bruising at all considering, but I have only taken anatomy - I am not medically certified in any way!


His doctor seemed shocked and amazed that dad does not seem to be in any pain - he said that most patients w/ this type of injury come into the office screaming...interesting. I would like to note that it has only been over the last couple days that dad has complained & that was only b/c of the discomfort from the pressure. The next step is for dad is to meet with a surgeon...as always I'll continue to keep you all updated.


-------------------------------------


A favorite show/guilty pleasure:


Have any of you been watching "The Bachelorette" this season? It has been years since I fell victim to this show, but I must admit that I am currently watching! Through my love of the Ellen show, I was introduced to this seasons bachelorette DeAnna. Much like Tristen, DeAnna was previously on the Bachelor and made it to the final two before not being chosen...



Anyway, DeAnna is adorable and I really hope this works out for her. This past Monday's episode was so incredibly heart wrenching! I was *crying* at the end - kind of embarrassing, but whatever.


I so wanted to see DeAnna with Graham...why do I always want the "bad boy" to turn good? I mean, it just doesn't happen!


Just want to know your opinion if you have been watching too.


------------------------------------


Musically behind the times:


A few months ago, a blogging friend Kelly, aka The Abel Boys did a post on Jason Mraz (a fellow Virginian - yahoooo!). I definitely read the post and was familiar with some of his songs, but right when I started watching the video for his new song "I'm Yours" I got completely sidetracked and never went back.



Well, a couple of weeks ago I caught the video on VH1 and totally geeked out over it. The song is awesome. I'm a donkey b/c I went to buy the CD, but didn't know how to spell his last name and was unable to find it, but I am back on the hunt.

I actually recorded the video about two weeks ago on my DVR and I listen to the song anywhere from 2-3 times every morning :)


The song is so incredibly sweet and has a awesome summer/island beat...I highly recommend checking it out.


Here is the link to Kelly's post about Jason and his new song "~ I am in Love ~"



Thanks K - it only took me this long to catch up, but I got there!!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

It so happy to hear that your dad dosen't have a blog clot and they figured out what is causing his leg issue. Its still not good, but still better then what could have been.

I did hear the new Jason M (can't remember how to spell his last name either) and I thought it was a cute song too!

Melis B said...

YAY for your day!! That is so great!

I am also loving Bachelorette. I love Deanna. I'm kind of embarasses to admit it, but whatever (ur words....hee hee)

Glad I'm not alone.
Hugs

Kelly A said...

I am so happy to hear about your Dad....Well that it's not a BC. I was worried. I must be nice for him and the rest of your family to finally know exactly what is going on.

This is the first season that I haven't watched the Bachelorette. I somehow forgot. I will definitely have to tune in!!

I am glad that you are liking Jason Mraz!!! I LOVE him!! I have been listening to his new cd like crazy!! GREAT summer music!!

I hope you enjoy the rest of your week!! :)