Monday, June 2, 2008

The Cleaning Olympics...



Of course this has to do with the house being shown...I feel like I should have learned my lesson by now...


Saturday I got a call around 6pm from my realtor that the house was being shown on Sunday around 330pm...the time was FINE b/c even though the house was a DISASTER, that would give us plenty of time to get things in order. I texted about mowing the lawn and weed eating and everything was a go.


Bright and early on Sunday around 7am Bailee woke me up to go out - I was reluctant to crawl out of bed, but knew I needed to clean, so I made coffee and decided to stay up and not go back to sleep (in hindsight - thank goodness!).


I probably started cleaning around 8/830am and was taking my good old time - I decided to check my cell around 930 and saw a missed call from the realtor. I assumed the visitors for the day were cancelling, but when I listened to the message I heard that they were now coming between 11/1130am...UH - I freaked out...the amount of cleaning that was left to do (A LOT) - which could have easily taken me from 930 until 1pm or later now had to be crunched into an hour-ish...


I notified the responsible party that the time slot for mowing etc had now decreased drastically and I went off to do my part...


At 945am on Sunday June 1st, The Cleaning Olympics commenced in Boyce, Va. Still in my PJ's, hair up, dirty face and un-brushed teeth - I started to run around like a mad woman...up and down the stairs...doing something in one room...then something in the next - back and forth - full throttle. Bailee finally gave up on following me after about five minutes of running in circles around the house. Seriously, I have NEVER cleaned a shower so quickly in all my life!



At 10:50am I decided that I had done all I could...still in my PJ's, etc I grabbed up Bailee and headed over to mom and dads - looking a bit like a train wreck to say the least - the last thing I wanted was to be seen by another realtor and her client...it probably would have completey changed the impression of the house! When I rolled into my parents, they looked a little shocked by my arrival and my appearance :)


To make a LONG STORY short, I was basically unable to tell when the agent came by, so I was stuck at mom and dads - in the same shape that I arrived - until 4pm, *several* episodes of "The Alaska Experiment", and three naps later when I decided I didn't care anymore and I was going home.


I missed a friends party and I missed dinner with another friend, but the house looked pretty darn good!


UPDATE: My realtor called this morning to inform me that the people looking at the house yesterday LOVED IT and said it is SO BEAUTIFUL, BUT (and you know there is a BUT) the house is too big...the size of the house is "as plain as the nose on my face" if you look at the listing!


Whatever! I guess I'm happy that at least someone came to look at the house and the *DOUBLE BONUS* is that I got an undercover work-out in...


PS - my hands actually hurt/ache from cleaning..I guess typing on the keyboard isn't exercise enough for them!!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Good job with the cleaning! I can imagine the panic mood you were running on to get the job done. Someday soon hopefully the house will be out of your hands. Like you said, it was a good undercover workout :)

Michael B said...

it's gonna sell one of these days!! i know it!! you were killing me with suspense in this post.

and, seriously, though? too big? what were they thinking when they pulled up in the driveway?

we missed you yesterday! the bag party was quite fun! i can't wait for the next one!!

love ya!

SarahC said...

What a crazy morning! How did you function that fast?! I had to force myself to even brush my teeth! BTW I LOVE Alaska Experiment, DVR it every week! I hope something works out soon for your house so you don't have to go on anymore crazy cleaning tangents!