Thursday, May 1, 2008

"Touched down in the land of the Delta Blues"


Tomorrow is the day *finally* that I'll be headed to Memphis (with a DIRECT flight this time - TG!) and I can hardly wait!


Nothing like leaving to go out of town to put you in overdrive for getting stuff done! I kind of procrastinated on getting my state inspection in April - due in part to my cracked windshield, BUT the people are supposed to be at my house today replacing it (thx mom for the pick-up service and the car "rental") so I can swing by the service station ~bright and early~ at 8am tomorrow to get my fancy new 05/09 sticker...knowing in the back of my head that my plates are not legal...I don't really want to risk getting pulled over on the way to the airport!!! They'd have a field day writing me out tickets! :)


ANYWAY: I'm stoked that my aunt has already been a few times to Memphis and knows all of the good places to hit for food, shopping, etc.


Everyone keeps RAVING to me about the BBQ RIBS...and I'm sure they are great, BUT I just can't do it captain! I have not eaten that animal since about 8th grade, so I think I'll be sticking to SHRIMP and CHICKEN!


Have a wonderful weekend *ENJOY THE BLOOM* and I'll catch back up with everyone next Tuesday when I'm back in my cubicle where this magic happens (well, for four more days anyway!).
Good luck with the 10K ladies!!!!! I'm rooting for you!!!!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Have fun! Shrimp and Chicken is still a good compromise for ribs. Good thinking about the inspection! TGIF!

Michael B said...

have fun, have fun, have fun!!

can't wait to see pictures and hear all about your trip when you return!!

love always.