Thursday, April 10, 2008

If my head wasn't connected to my neck...


So funny thing happened yesterday, well - I think it is funny now...at 9am yesterday morning I was about to go into cardiac arrest! No joke!


As some of you know from reading the blog, I am in the midst of trying to sell my house in Clarke County in the middle of a wonderful selling market - haha! It's a whole lot of fun still living in the same house as...anyway!


I have been irritated with the realtor at different points in time, not for the house still being on the market, but just over a few things that have happened - I really know that she is giving it her all...


So she had written last week about doing two open houses...I looked at the email...thinking that the dates were pretty far in the future and waited a couple days to respond to her - finally saying go ahead (I tend to read things, make a gentle mental note, and then forget)


Well, sitting on the couch Tuesday night in my PJ's *exhausted* I thought to myself - when are the open houses? I'm sure they are next week! Again Wednesday morning I had the same conversation with myself as I ran out the door to an early appointment *I paused* and looked around at what a MESS ~ COMPLETE & utter MESS the house was and again convinced myself I had time...


Get to work around 9am on Wednesday i.e. yesterday and decided to check my hotmail and put my worries about the dates to rest...I was on the phone with my BFF and all of a sudden I start saying OMG, OMG, OMG...she is like what? what? what? I respond by saying OMG, the open house for agents is today!!!


The beds are not made, my room is a wreck, my suitcase is still on the floor, the dishes and mail are all over the kitchen counters, bathroom counter has my make-up - hair dryer - I mean, DISASTER...what am I going to do???


As horrible as I felt, I HAD NO CHOICE, so I called my mom...thank goodness she was home and answered the phone...I'm like "hey, what are you doing" trying to suppress my PANIC...she senses it 100% so I tell her...she says ok, I'll run over and do what I can...how much time do I have...I have to tell her that it starts at 11am and it is now after 9am - I hear a gasp from her...she hurries off the phone and over to do my dirty work!!!


I have been known to be a procrastinator and I tend to not worry so much about time and dates, but seriously!!! I can CLEARLY do without adding stress to my own life directly by being so absent minded...get it together woman!!!


Mom did a fantastic job and I don't know what I would have done without her help yesterday...I probably would have driven 45 minutes home to get done what I could have in an hour and then driven 45 back to work...


THANK YOU MOM!!! You were and are a LIFESAVER! I called mom when I left work and she said all is GOOD, but you probably aren't going to be able to find your stuff b/c I threw it wherever I could! :) My closet was a great indication of what she was talking about!


Also, half-way through the day (yesterday) I got a text about my plans for this Saturday that I made well over a month ago *and had completely forgotten about as well* There is another open house on Sunday...I still have so much to do at the house b/c this one is open to the public and not just agents...so now I think I have to cancel my plans on Saturday i.e. lunch with college girlfriends, A MASSAGE!!!, a night out and some good girl time!


I think I need to stop fighting REALITY and start keeping a calendar! You know those PDA's that I was B!TCH!ING about recently...yeah, I may be eating my words b/c I see one of those in my future! I may also need an assistant or focus medicine! :)

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow! What a lifesaver your mom is! Well, I hope you have luck selling your home just to get things done and over with and you can move on. Good luck this weekend with the open house!

Michael B said...

Oh my goodness, Amy! I'm feeling stressed just reading this....and then i'm thinking about what you went through with traveling this past weekend...AACKK!! : )

Get crackin'! You absolutely can't miss a massage and a fun girl's night, especially with the week you've had. And, I'm sure that your house looks beautiful, it always does!!

Love ya!

Michael B said...

Oh my goodness, Amy! I'm feeling stressed just reading this....and then i'm thinking about what you went through with traveling this past weekend...AACKK!! : )

Get crackin'! You absolutely can't miss a massage and a fun girl's night, especially with the week you've had. And, I'm sure that your house looks beautiful, it always does!!

Love ya!

The Sweet Family said...

Mom's are great!!! I know how you feel selling a house though. No one ever wants to see if after you have cleaned and baked the proverbial bread!

I would schedule the massage for your mom! ;o)

Have a fantastic weekend and remember to make time for YOU!!!