Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The best things in life are free...

I've been feeling a little less than FIT lately (quite blah actually) and vowed to get back on track with working out this week. I struggle with getting up in the morning to exercise - I barely make it to work on time as it is, so I usually have to do it once I get home, which I also struggle with IF I don't jump on it right away...

Monday night I stuck to my plan and I was a successful with a nice run on the treadmill...planned to continue the trend on Tuesday...

Last night I got to mom and dads to pick up Bailee and was chatting with dad and he asked me to stay for dinner. I told him that I would, but I needed to get home to work-out. He responded by telling me that they were having salads - I assume to insinuate that it would be a healthy dinner...we chatted for a bit and he asked me again to stay for dinner...again I said no.

Directly after, mom came in from her walk, and dad proceeded to tell her that he asked me to stay and eat with them, but I told him I'd RATHER go home and work-out! I was like - DAD, I DID NOT SAY IT LIKE THAT (ornery fella)! He knew exactly what he was doing...putting a little guilt trip on me...but I figured after being asked a few times & then thrown under the bus with mom - I should stay for salad :)

It was a decision that I couldn't have been happier with :)

Mom's cholesterol is a little high and she had a doctor's appointment last week and came home to tell dad that the doctor "gave her three months." Dad was like - uh - 3 months? I thought it was just a check-up! 3 months for what? She had forgotten to end the statement with "to get my cholesterol down before I go on medication" :) (mom was also told to EAT MORE VEGGIES - hence the super salad!)

The SALAD...OMG, the salad was flippin HUGE! I seriously had to pause during eating *several times* because my jaws ached from chewing! I told them I got a work-out from eating...it was almost exhausting!

DAD'S FUNNY STORY: My dad has a customer who is 71 years old AND the 71 year old man is dating a 38 year old woman...Dad asked him how it was going, and I guess felt comfortable enough to "GO THERE" because he asked his customer about intimacy!!! Something I was curious about when he was telling me the story, something we would all want to know, something most people would not ask! So when dad asked his customer about IT - the 71 yr old man responded by saying "We'll hopefully SHE can keep up!"

Now, that'll put you in your place! Hahaha! I guess it's never too late!!!

Tonight it is BACK to running & then dinner :)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey, at least you had a healthy supper to replace the work out. Its not like you didn't work and then had this unhealthy supper, like take out. But, good luck with the exercise schedule. I can totally relate about motivating yourself to exercise. Its tough!

Michael B said...

Uggh...running in the evening! Uggh...running in the morning! I miss the college days of running whenever I feel like it: morning, noon, afternoon, five? Wish you were doing the AB 10k this year....

Hope you had a great run this evening!

Love you lots!