Thursday, March 6, 2008

Um, please tell me what is going on here!

I have been thinking off and on about what makes me always go to the same stall in the bathroom at work and why I get thrown off if it is already in use and I have to go to another one...


Well - today when I walked in before leaving for lunch, I was even more disturbed to find what looked to be a toilet papering job that was done on the door handles of my *FAVORITE* stall (second one on the left in case you were wondering).





I stopped dead in my tracks, and said out loud- uh, what is going on? I mean, due to the many different cultures that work at NCS, I have seen quite a bit that shocks me, but never anything like this...



I immediately turned into tattle-tale mode and walked my happy self down to HR and proceeded to tell them what I saw. What was even more amusing in all of this was the response I got.



I was told, in the most nonchalant way, that it had been seen before and that they probably knew who did it and why...





At this point, there are so many thoughts and questions running through my head, but I'm like - OK - I don't care who did it, but WHY?


Apparently it is a WARNING that the particular stall is out of TOILET PAPER. I MEAN, WHAT? As I stand there and absorb this...everything I witnessed a few minutes earlier seemed to make sense, including the extra paper that was on top of the TP dispenser...





I left the HR office, somewhat even more confused by the way such a mess was shrugged off and went back to the restroom, picked another stall...you know the rest...




Still boggled by the disaster in the bathroom, I decided I had to capture it. Let's just say that the boys who were waiting on me to go to lunch through out this entire scenario, were slightly alarmed when I told them we still couldn't leave b/c there was something in the bathroom that I HAD to take PICTURES of :)


PS - after I washed my hands, I turned to the paper towel dispenser, which was ALSO empty and wondered why there wasn't a *WARNING* there? And if there were to be an additional warning, what would one do?


What ever happened to a good old post-it note?

4 comments:

Amanda said...

OMG! I wonder what the guys were thinking you were going to take a picture of in the bathroom? But, that is the strangest way to warm someone that the stall is out of TP. I have never seen that one before! Wow!

CawfeeGuy said...

that is the STRANGEST bathroom story EVER...and TRUST me, i've got some LULU's

The Sweet Family said...

OMG, you are absolutely hilarious! I would have died laughing just seeing you taking snap shots.

Apparantly you aren't the only one that likes that stall! ;o)

Here is a good question for you: Do you now respect the "vandal" for their creative protesting? I know I would.

Brooke said...

Too Funny!!! I will have to remember and use that. It wouldn't make a difference at work but maybe at home... Hmmm...now the cogs in my mind are turning! He's always trying to one-up me and that would confuse the CRAP out of him! (maybe even literally)