Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A priceless evening...


Yesterday evening I was really able to enjoy the extra daylight time by fitting in a quick 2 mile run when I got home from work. I was monitoring the sunset position the entire way up I-66 *HOPING* that I was going to make it in time. I neglected to pick up Bailee, busted into the house, and did a super quick change leaving a trail of clothes...



I finished my run at mom and dads; walking up their driveway almost killed me...it is pretty steep & I thought my lungs were about to collapse (there is an unhealthy reason for this)...when I walked into the kitchen and quickly filled a glass of water - dad asked me if I was going to make it and offered cough drops - ha!



Bailee had already been picked up, so I just visited with them for a few...all the while contemplating asking one of them to drive me home - then dad says "well, I'm off to feed my fish" and I think I lit up like a Christmas Tree and asked "oh good, can you take me home?"

Dad looked up from the table with a grin and said "only if you go with me to feed the fish..."



So we walked out together and hopped in his beast of a truck and headed off to the pond...I must say it was a wonderful time...I don't usually get the opportunity to spend one on one time with him and when it happens I cherish it greatly...it is definitely chicken soup for my soul.



We talked at the pond for a while and then for a bit longer in the truck when we got back to my house about all sorts of things...these interactions make me not want to be farther away from them...I have been known to *complain* about living "across" the street from them, but in all honesty - it is wonderful to be able to pop in whenever and spend Q.T. time with them. I don't know that less than a half mile is necessary, but I'm not sure that 45 min to an hour will work either :)



Thanks for the ride home last night dad, it made my week :)



I don't have a recent pic of he and I, so I thought I'd share one of our ONLY family photos from WAY back in the day! This photo cracks me up every time I see it!

4 comments:

The Sweet Family said...

OK, where to begin! First of all, love your dad's chops! Too much. No matter what anyone says, photos are great.

Priceless about you and your dad feeding the fish and having father/daughter time.

As for the run and you asking him to take you home ~ cracks me up! I am LMAO as I just saw a Roseanne re-run where they are both on diets and go for a walk and Dan has to get the car to pick her up. (NO comparison to you OF COURSE) but the concept is the same. TOO FUNNY!

Amanda said...

Oh, what a sweet evening you had! I feel the same about my parents. They live 5 mintues down the road from me and I work in the same building as my dad. My mom is a student here and I can't imagine being farther away (even though sometimes I want to go far away).

SarahC said...

I so wish my parents were closer. It is so hard having them so far away. My dad had those same chops! Too funny! You look like trouble in this photo! You are very blessed to have your parents so close and I am sure you cherish those one on one times. They are rare.

Michael B said...

what i love about blogging is that you write down sweet, simple moments like these. i love reading about your days, amy. it makes me feel more connected to you, especially since i don't get to see you nearly enough.

you're such a sweetheart...

love you.