Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Juno in the Reezey


I have been dying to see the movie Juno since I saw the very first preview. I thought it looked very good and really funny. Not that I thought the immediate content of the movie was a laughing matter, but a little dry humor goes a long way when poking fun at real life.


Brittany and I decided that after we saw 27 Dresses, we were going to try to catch Juno before it left the theatre's...the only local place still showing the film this week was Royal Cinemas in Front Royal aka Scruff Royal OR Front Reezey (to me anyway!).


First of all I love that movie theatre! I poke fun at Front Royal, but the downtown area itself is really ADORABLE and has a lot of CHARACTER. Royal Cinemas only charged us $5.00 to see the movie; they sell brand name candy, serve nachos, Island Oasis smoothies, and POPCORN with BUTTER! I thought I was in heaven! One ticket, a medium popcorn, and a strawberry smoothie only cost me $12.00! WHAT? It looks like they feature 3-4 CURRENT films at a time and the theatre's are small, but the overall experience there is wonderful!


Juno itself was a great movie. I laughed a lot, and cried - actually balled my eyes out at the end, but they were very happy tears! I highly recommend the film and even if you don't catch it before it leaves the theatre's - please rent or buy it when it comes out. It is well worth a couple hours of your time!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I can't wait to see this movie. We went to the movies this past weekend and it was either Juno or Be Kind Rewind. Be Kind was ok, and I now wish we went to Juno. I'll make sure to get it asap.

ps. I hope the office temp has gotten better for you today!

The Sweet Family said...

I poke fun at Front Royal as well. My saying: Nothing good ever comes out of Front Royal. However, I had the chance to go to the theater in FR (won free passes off the radio) and LOVED IT! My kids thought it was great and the prices are unbelievable.

Kelly A said...

WOW $12 for your ticket and food. That is truly amazing!!!
I might be willing to drive there just for those prices:)

Brooke said...

I could not love this movie MORE!!! And the soundtrack...it was so cute and folksy!

It's so funny that visited your blog today and saw that. Me and the mister were discussing that movie on the way to work this morning.