Monday, March 17, 2008

I Love You!

Peanut and I @ Josh's 03.14

Hey ya'll! Wow - I feel like it has been a while since I did a post, so today is probably going to be a weekend update and a shout out for a Happy St. Patrick's Day!!! Things have been a bit boring and yet very exciting all at the same time....



Friday night I went over to my brother's to visit with my niece aka Peanut (Josh, Brittany, and mom were all there too). Aliyah and I took silly pictures showing our bubble gum, we all ordered Chinese (well I had the brainiac idea to order PAD THAI from a CHINESE rest in FRONT ROYAL & that didn't turn out so well!) - I ended up sharing Aliyah's lo mein :), we talked about Peanuts week (she was so excited b/c she is now registered for kindergarten- what?), we all watched LOST, she changed into her jammies and then I headed home for some much needed rest.


I thought she looked so grown up w/ her headband :)

Every time I see Aliyah, I realize how quickly my little Peanut is growing. Josh picks her up at 6pm every other Friday and I usually call them around 6:10pm at the latest; I talk to Josh for a few to figure out the plan and then I always talk to Peanut - this has been happening for well over a year now, so it has been fun to see how much the conversations that we hold have evolved (she is 4.5 years old for those who are wondering).

Showing me her messy hands @ Polka Dot Pot

This past Friday she and I had a pretty normal conversation about me coming over, ordering dinner, she told me she had to leave early on Sunday and then without thinking, and completely not like me, I say to her "ok, I'm on my way and I'll see you soon - I'm so excited" (I ALWAYS TELL HER "I LOVE YOU"). There is a pause on the other end and I'm thinking that maybe she is hanging up, but I wait and in the CUTEST little chipmunk voice of hers she says "I love you Amy." I melted at hearing these words. This is the FIRST time she has ever said it first and without being prompted at all. I quickly pulled myself together and replied with an "AWH, oh my goodness, I love you too!"


With the firetruck she "painted"

After this exchange, I get off the phone and my eyes just fill with tears...there is something about the way a child touches your heart that is simply unexplainable, yet it is also something we all understand. I am so very proud of her and the little person that she is. Aliyah fills my heart with such incredible joy and I am so thankful and blessed to have a relationship with her. I so look forward to having my own one day, but for now, I am super happy to soak up as much from each experience with her as possible!



It is impossible to get her to look @ the camera :)

Here is a link to more pictures from Friday night and Saturday at Polka Dot Pot in Winchester - I HIGHLY recommend doing this sometime with the kids & they also have ladies night during the week...it was a lot of fun!

Satuday night I went out with my BFF and friends to Mr. Smith's in Georgetown to celebrate St. Patty's Day a little early; we had a great time, but she and I got a *tad bit* bored, so we resorted to taking pics & a lot of them at that! Click here to see those pics!

5 comments:

Kelly A said...

What a sweet story!!

Children are so innocent and pure. I wish it stayed that way!!

Happy St. Patty's Day!!

Michael B said...

Love that story about your little Peanut. You're such an awesome aunt. All that family time is so good for her! And, hey! We might be going to EI at the END of the summer, too. How awesome would that be???

Loved your photos from this weekend.

Can't wait to see you next week.

katie

Melis B said...

Happy St. Patty's Day!!

Amanda said...

Isn't it great being an auntie! I wouldn't trade it for anything. I completely understand about how they grow up so quickly, its amazing!

PS. Happy belated St Patty's day!

The Sweet Family said...

Happy St. Patty's Day!!! You guys look like you had so much fun. I have to be honest though, I am COMPLETELY jealous of you going to the Polka Dot Pot. I wanted to go there before I moved but I just didn't have time. LOVE the VT mug!

Have a great week!