Monday, March 31, 2008

Easter Weekend Take 2

Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter.
-- Brad Henry

Friday night I drove to Front Royal after work to see Aliyah. To my surprise, everyone else was there too (Dad, Mom, and Brittany). We hung out for a couple minutes and then headed off to dinner.


Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family.-- Anthony Brandt


I noticed that Aliyah had on a t-shirt that said "I'm a big sister" so naturally I asked & sure enough, her baby brother was born last week. It was kind of hard to tell if she was excited about it - I'm sure she is having mixed feelings...it has to be quite an adjustment to go from being the only child for almost 5 years to all of a sudden not being the one and only!
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works is the family.-- Lee Iacocca

After dinner we all went to the new Target to pick up a few things and then headed back to drop Josh and Aliyah off...on the way home I was tickling her A LOT (I love to hear her giggle), so much tickling occurred that she got the hiccups...I told her about the little girl whose hiccups didn't go away - and the look on her face was so entertaining - she was definitely thinking intensely about what I had just said and then asked me about a minute later if I was just kidding...


To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there. -- Barbara Bush

Saturday morning I rolled over to my parents in my PJ's to meet up with everyone for breakfast (mmm...homemade waffles - thanks mom!)...Josh took Aliyah fishing for a little bit while I helped mom clean up...Brittany and her brother Dallas came over and then Josh took Dallas fishing & mom, Brittany, Aliyah and I made a gingerbread house...who cares if it is almost April! I took pics with moms camera of that ordeal...we lost the chimney when it fell through the roof...so I'll have to post those later.



Families are like fudge... mostly sweet with a few nuts. -- Author Unknown

At about 3pm I finally went home to get out of my PJ's and get ready to go to town...we all had a very late lunch together at IJ Cann's and then hit up Dairy Queen...I'm sure the people around us were wondering if we were *OK* as Dallas and Josh were betting Brittany $20 that she wouldn't lick the wall...what? I laughed hysterically watching Josh eat his sundae with a spoon that was probably 4inches long...his hands were covered in ice cream...I'm easily amused...

A happy family is but an earlier heaven.-- John Bowring

Sunday morning I met my BFF at the Leesburg outlets to do a little shopping...I bought a NEW PURSE, but I'm not convinced that it is the right one yet! I met my family at my cousins house in the afternoon & after I let everyone know how irritated I was that NO ONE called me *YET AGAIN* this weekend to tell me what time to be there (sorry for being a brat, but cell phones make communication A LOT easier - ya know? - I tend to be a little FIESTY when something rubs me the wrong way, but luckily my family knows how to deal with it and they understand that I just need to vent and then I'm over it...not everyone understands that about me though :))




At the end of the day, a loving family should find everything forgivable.-- Mark V. Olsen and Will Sheffer


We did the whole egg thing, ate lots of wonderful food, played kickball and football out front, and watched the RACE...way to go Denny *TEAM GIBBS* & I got kind of excited when Stewart passed JR on close to the last lap :) Sorry Randall & Debbie!

Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family: Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.-- Jane Howard

Anyway, we had a great weekend together as always...now it is back to the grind...only three more days until I get a mini-vaca that is long over due!



For the rest of the weekend pics, click here


4 comments:

Kelly A said...

Wow....You have a lot of energy!! I think with each child I lost a ton of mine!!

It is wonderful how much time you spend with your family and how close you all are!!

Here's to making memories!!

Melis B said...

I love all the photos and your quotes!! You are so entertaining!!

Have a great week~~Melis

Amanda said...

What a fun and exciting weekend! I so wanted to go to the race on Sunday since we were only an hour away, but we were too sick, oh well! Have fun on your vacation if I don't get a chance to tell you before you take off!

Michael B said...

I'm sure that Aliyah can't wait for every other weekend. How could she not? : ) She's such a sweetheart and is growing up so quickly!

Let's get Michael and Aliyah together sometime soon...Maybe we could meet at the park or something?

Have a safe and FUN visit with your aunt!!

Love ya lots.