Friday, February 22, 2008

"When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around." Willie Nelson


WARNING: Mushy content ahead!

"If the only prayer you ever say in your life is thank you, it will be enough."
Meister Eckhart (1260-1320)


Bright and early this morning I received a text message from my BFF saying good morning, asking about the weather and confirming our plans for tonight...

Before I left, I got a call from a special person - basically just to say - drive safe and have a good morning...

When walking out of the house, my little Bailee just looked at me with his big brown eyes and upon hearing my *high-pitched* nick name for him, flopped over on his back for a tummy rub from "mom"

When I was dropping Bailee off, my dad was standing outside watching me come up the last slippery stretch of the driveway & he was smiling and laughing...As the boo kissed him, I teased dad about how his hair looked like Bail's...I don't think he had combed it yet :) He graciously took Bailee inside for me after we told one another to have a great day...

As I crossed over Paris Mountain, I gazed at the beautiful valley and this wonderful feeling of thankfulness came over me. I'm not crazy by any stretch, but I found myself saying it out loud as if to confirm the feelings within...being grateful is so healing and even as I sit here and type this, my gratitude feels too large to wrap my arms around!

Be blessed on this day that is a gift and have a fantastic weekend!!!

"Better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness."
Chinese Proverb

2 comments:

Michael B said...

I worry about you driving on that mountain every time that we have bad weather. It makes me queasy to think about driving up your parent's driveway. Uggh!! I'm so glad you made it into work safely today.

Your post was so sweet this morning and I am so happy that you are so happy!!

Love you so much. Have a wonderful weekend.

Kate

Amanda said...

Its wonderful when a person feels blessed and happy with life. Have fun tonight with your BFF.