Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The third time is a charm...I HOPE NOT!



Well folks, for the second wonderful time in three weeks, I am working on getting over the flu! I can only imagine that this latest round, which I was fortunate enough to come down with bright and early Monday morning, is yet another side effect of the family visit to Chuckie Cheese on Saturday...

This has really thrown me for a loop because I never, ever get sick - so two times in less than a month kind of has me wondering what is going on. I willingly called out sick yesterday after I spent the first half of the 6 o'clock hour (AM) bringing back up what I ate the day before and the second half of the 6 o'clock hour cleaning up what did not make it to its final resting place - TMI - I know!!! Those are the times that you stop and really appreciate your parents and what they did for you :)

I am back at work today, feeling less than 100%, but there was no earthly way I was going to call out four days in the course of one month...it is about 4:15pm and all I can think about right now are my PJ's and my comfy bed that are calling my name...

P.S. It's really nice & encouraging to hear that all day yesterday it was said by co-workers that I had the "Super Bowl Flu"...don't you hate how everyone is so quick to discount the fact that someone really might be ill, curled up in a ball at home, feeling like they are about to meet their maker, and WISHING - YES, actually WISHING that they felt well and were at WORK???!!!!



P.S.S. On a lighter note, what an AMAZING Super Bowl GAME on Sunday night?!?!?!!! I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, but the last few minutes of that game were so incredibly intense!!! I was rooting for the big people; GO GIANTS!!! and congrats to my funny friend on his teams win! Bragging rights for a year - kid - So that's plus plus!

3 comments:

SarahC said...

Hope you feel better soon! I started to feel a cold coming on yesterday afternoon and woke up with a scratchy throat. I went through a whole box of tissues today and have sneezed about 400 times! Is that possible?! I am dreaming of my Jammies too. Almost 5:00! Hang in there and get some rest tonight! Miss you.

Michael B said...

So, so, so sorry that you're sick AGAIN! That just doesn't seem fair. Those kid places are GERM PITS, for sure, especially during the winter. I'm sending you big hugs, hon. I hope you're all snuggled up in your bed early this evening.

Love you lots, Ame.

kate

Amanda said...

I hope you feel better!