Thursday, February 21, 2008

"My neck and my back..."


Uh, last night was interesting...for anyone who has already heard the story - I apologize. The law of attraction (referring to my claim of being clumsy and mis-wired yesterday) was in full affect at my house around 830pm when I FELL down the stairs!


I was going to let the dog in and I don't know whether or not to blame it on wet shoes, the slick hardwood floor, or the way I drag my feet, BUT what I do know is that my boot got caught on the top step and sent me flying down the next nine steps on my rear - in a skirt no less, which I might add - was not in its original place when I finally stopped by *slamming* into the wall on the first landing!


I really didn't know whether to cry or laugh so I decided to compromise by doing a little of both...I'm sure it sounded weird, but it made me feel better :)


Today my body feels a little bit like it was in a car accident. My left hip feels like it was rammed by a Mack truck, my back thinks I did 200 push-ups, and my neck is in whiplash mode...


I couldn't really make stuff up like this if I tried...all I can say is that I am SUPER thankful that the staircase takes a couple turns b/c had it not, the fall and aftermath surely would have been a tiny bit worse!

5 comments:

SarahC said...

Sounds like you need to take a trip to the chiropractor! Poor thing! I am glad that you weren't seriously injured! Falling down the stairs is scary! I remember one time when Matt did it, he went from top to bottom in a second and he is huge! I thought the stairs were going to cave in! He ended up having to go to the doc to get pain killers for his neck, probably was whiplash! Stay safe girl and go get a massage or something!

Amanda said...

oh, I hope you feel better. It stinks when your body hurts. Take hot showers (or baths) and try and relax. I know that easier said then done, but take care of yourself.

The Sweet Family said...

I think we are soul sisters! I fall all the time. My husband laughs because I trip and stumble over nothing, anything and everything.

Have a great weekend and be careful!

Michael B said...

Amy! : (

I hope you're feeling better today. What an awful fall you had. I'm so glad that you are okay. I totally would have cried and cried...

Hugs to you,

kate

Ruggles said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean and how you feel!! Ugh.