Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day


After having the epiphany at lunch time yesterday, that today is V-day (I was shopping and noticed that there were a tremendous amount of men in stores that do not usually frequent :)); last night I had a conversation about Valentine's Day and how over-rated and commercialized it has become, but this morning when I woke up, all I could do was think about how thankful I am for all of the wonderful people in my life.


I do think that the chocolate's, flowers, jewelry, etc. can at times add undo stress to a holiday that is supposed to be a simple reminder to slow down and tell the special people in your life that they are just that, but in reality - I am a holiday junkie and I hope that your day is filled with lots of love whether it is shown to you with a smile & hug, a sweet card, flowers, or a pretty package with a bow or all of the above!


My life and each day is fully and richly blessed because of the amazing people in my world, I appreciate being reminded to take a minute out today to send my love to all my family and friends (today and always)!


Have a great, great, great day!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Happy Vday to you too!

SarahC said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Thinking of you and hope to see you sometime soon!

Love,
Sarah

Michael B said...

Thank you for our Valentine. You are such a dear friend and I'm so grateful for our friendship.

Love you so much and hope you are having a wonderful, wonderful day!!

Kate