Saturday, January 5, 2008

Christmas all year...I've figured it out!

I LOVE SHOPPING ONLINE! There was somewhat of a Hansel and Gretel trail of packages waiting for me on the mountain last night; the first was in the mailbox, the second was sitting inside the garage, and the third was inside the door of the house (trust me it is not like this every day).

The excitement that built up for being able to open the packages with each step I took was VERY INTENSE; I literally stopped, looked at Bailee, and said - this is like Christmas all year & in case you were wondering, of course he nodded and agreed with me! Even though I knew what was in each package there was an indescribable anticipation that I can only equate to a December 25th type of experience!

It really became clear because I had a couple small shopping bags from my trip to the mall yesterday & I could have cared less about diving into the bags; I mean, I had just seen those things a few hours earlier!!! They could not have changed that much in the trunk of my car!


My BFF and I had a horrific shopping experience last Saturday at Tyson's; let's just say that it took us an hour (no exaggeration here) to get from the exit ramp on I-495 to a parking space in the Nordstorm's garage & half of that hour was spent trying to NAVIGATE through the parking garage without jumping out of the car and opening a can of whoop-$$$ on the other drivers - people were literally making two lanes going in one direction in a garage. Can you say CLUSTER?

All of the driving around was basically just for "fun" b/c everything that I wanted to buy, I could not find at Pentagon City or Tyson's, which is why there were so many packages from online shopping delivered to my house this week :)

If this stress can be avoided...why not??? I'd rather pay shipping...

Other perks to shopping online, besides the many obvious ones: I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT GETTING ARRESTED FOR ANY ALTERCATIONS THAT MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE TAKEN PLACE IN THE NORDSTORM'S PARKING GARAGE LAST WEEKEND! WHAT HAPPENS IN TYSONS, STAYS IN TYSONS!!!

No comments: